Arc de Triomphe, Paris in Answers to Questions Mode
1. How tall is the Arc de Triomphe in Paris?
Arc de Triomphe is 50 m (160 ft) tall.
2. What are the dimensions of the Arc de Triomphe?
The dimensions of the Arc de Triomphe is that it stands 50 m (160 ft) in height, 45 m (148 ft) wide and 22 m (72 ft) deep. The large vault is -29.19 m (−95.8 ft) high and 14.62 m (48.0 ft) wide. The small vault is 18.68 m (61.3 ft) high and 8.44 m (27.7 ft) wide.
3. What about some facts of Arc de triomphe?
The Arc de Triomphe is a monument in Paris that stands in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle, known as the Place de l’Etoile. Officially, it is the Arc de Triomphe de l’Etoile, as a smaller Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel exists nearby. It is located at the western end of the Champs-Elysees. The triumphal arch honours those who fought for France, particularly during the Napoleonic Wars. It is the second largest triumphal arch in existence. Its design was inspired by the Roman Arch of Titus. The Arc de Triomphe is so colossal that three weeks after the Paris victory parade in 1919, marking the end of hostilities in World War I, Charles Godefroy flew his Nieuport biplane through it, with the event captured on newsreel.
4. Who built the Arc de Triomphe in France?
Architect Chalgrin built the Arc de Triomphe.
5. What is the Arc de Triomphe made of ?
The Arc de Triomphe was made of stone.
6. Where is the Arc de Triomphe located?
The Arc de Triomphe is located in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle (also known as the Place de l’Etoile) , at the western end of the Champs Elysees in the city of Paris, France.
7. What about Hilton Arc de Triomphe?
The Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris hotel stands among iconic Paris landmarks, 10 minutes’ walk from the Champs Elysees. Indulge in the mosaic-decorated spa or stroll the Andalusian Patio garden. The Executive Lounge offers sweeping Paris views.
8. What about Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel ?
See our Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel main page.
9. Do you have Arc de Triomphe wallpaper ?
Please see this page for free Arc de Triomphe wallpapers.
10. How big is the Arc de Triomphe ?
That question was answered in the question 2.
11. How was Arc de Triomphe Paris built ?
Please read the text above.
12. What is the Arc de Triomphe made out of?
The Arc de Triomphe was made out of stone.
13. Who constructed the Arc de Triomphe?
Architect Chalgrin constructed the Arc de Triomphe.
14. Who designed the Arc de Triomphe?
Look at the answer 13.
15. How high is the Arc de Triomphe?
Arc de Triomphe is 50 m (160 ft) high.
16. What are restaurants near Arc de Triomphe?
For restaurants near Arch de Triomphe, please visit “Paris Restaurants in the 8th arrondissement”.
17. What is the Arc de Triomphe built of?
The Arc de Triomphe was built of stone.
18. What material is the Arc de Triomphe made out of?
19. What square is the the Arc de Triomphe located in?
It is located in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle at the western end of the Champs Elysees in the 8th arrondissement.
20. Which building is the tallest statue of liberty, Arc de triomphe or the Great Pyramid?
The Great Pyramid is taller than Arc de Triomphe.
21. Do you have Arc de Triomphe Pictures?
For Arc de Triomphe pictures, please see this page .
21. What is Arc de Triomphe square?
For Arc de Triomphe square, please refer to 19th question above.
22. What about free Arc de Triomphe videos?
Please see the video of Arch de Triomphe.
23. What is the height of Arc de Triomphe?
Arch de Triomphe is 50 m (160 ft) in height.
24. How many avenues radiate from the Arc de Triomphe in Paris?
12 avenues radiate from the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
25. Do you have information about the history of Arc de Triomphe?
The Arc de Triomphe is one of the most famous monuments in Paris. It is located on the right bank of the Seine River. It forms the backdrop for an impressive urban ensemble in Paris. The monument surmounts the hill of Chaillot at the center of a pentagon-shaped configuration of radiating avenues. It was commissioned in 1806 after the victory at Austerlitz by Emperor Napoleon at the peak of his fortunes. Laying the foundations alone took two years, and in 1810 when Napoleon entered Paris from the west with his bride Archduchess Marie-Louise of Austria, he had a wooden mock-up of the completed arch constructed. The architect Jean Chalgrin died in 1811, and the work was taken over by Jean-Nicolas Huyot. During the Bourbon Restoration, construction was halted and it would not be completed until the reign of King Louis-Philippe, in 1833–36 when the architects on site were Goust, then Huyot, under the direction of Hericart de Thury. Napoleon’s body passed under it on 15 December 1840 on its way to its second and final resting place at the Invalides. The body of Victor Hugo was exposed under the Arch during the night of the 22 May 1885, prior to burial in the Pantheon. Text Source: Wikipedia , the Free Encyclopedia
26. What about Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe hotel?
You can activate your hotel reservation or have information about Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe hotel “here“
27. Could you tell me all about the Arc de Triomphe?
Please refer to the 25th question, read other questions’ answers or for more please go to this page …
28. What arrondissement is the Arc de Triomphe in?
It is located in the 8th arrondissement. You may also see 8th arrondissement Paris Travel Guide for more…
29. What is the Arc de Triomphe address/location?
Place Charles-de-Gaulle, 75008 Paris France
30. What is the Arc de Triomphe telephone number?
The Arc de Triomphe telephone number is 1 55 37 73 77
31. What is the Arc de Triomphe fax number?
The Arc de Triomphe fax number is 1 44 95 02 13
Arc de Triomphe Paris is located in the 8th arrondissement. Why don’t you see;
- 8th Arrondissement Paris Travel Guide
- 8th Arrondissement Information & Map
- Paris Restaurants in the 8th arrondissement
- 8th Arrondissement Paris Hotels
- Other 8th Arrondissement Paris Attractions ?
- For much more information !
You may also wish to see ;
- Paris hotels for booking in all types
- Free Paris Wallpapers
- Paris restaurants in all types
- Paris Video
- Tourist attractions in Paris such as Arch de Triomphe, Eurodisney ( Disneyland Resort Paris),Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum
- Place de la Concorde, the Palace of Fontainebleau, the Palace Of Versailles, the Pantheon , the Museum of Orsay (Musee d’Orsay) ,
- Tour Montparnasse, Moulin Rouge …