Musee des Arts decoratifs is a private, non-profit museum of decorative arts located in Paris, France.
The museum dates to 1882, when collectors with an interest in the applied arts formed the initial organization. For many years it was known as the Union centrale des Arts decoratifs (UCAD), but in December 2004 it was renamed Les Arts Decoratifs. The museum currently occupies three sites, with the Ateliers du Carrousel (art and craft workshops) active at all three:
- 107 rue de Rivoli, in the Louvre’s Rohan and Marsan wings — Musee des Arts Decoratifs, the Musee de la Mode et du Textile, the Musee de la Publicite, and the Library des Arts Decoratifs.
- 63 rue de Monceau — the Musee Nissim de Camondo in the Hotel Camondo.
- 266 boulevard Raspail — Ecole Camondo, school of design and interior architecture.
As of 2006, its collections included approximate 357,100 works as follows:
- Arts Decoratifs — 150,000 works from medieval furniture to contemporary design, including Empire, Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles; large collections of jewelry, toys, wallpaper, gold work, ceramics, glass, drawings and an Islamic and Oriental collection.
- Publicite — 100,000 historical and contemporary posters as well as over 20,000 French and foreign advertising films from the 1930s to the present day; radio commercials, promotional objects, packaging, etc.
- Mode et textile — 86,000 costumes, accessories, and textiles from Copts to the present day; with development of new textiles since the 14th century.
- Musee Nissim de Camondo — 1,100 works; one of the finest sets of French furniture and objets d’art from the second half of the 18th century.
- In May 2007, Les Arts Decoratifs exhibited Love & Art Children’s Foundation’s “L’Enfant et l’Art” collection. This art collection was created by children afflicted with cancer at the Hospital Armand Trousseau in sterilized rooms and by children in remission in Les Ateliers du Carrousel under the guidance of Love & Art’s founder, artist Alecia de Menezes Seidler.
- Official Website of Les Arts Decoratifs is www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr (Text Source: Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia)
Musee des Arts decoratifs is located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. So, you may want to see;
You may also wish to see ;
- Paris Restaurants in all types…
- Paris Attractions such as Arch de Triomphe, Eurodisney (Disneyland Resort Paris), Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum
- Place de la Concorde, the Palace of Fontainebleau, the Palace Of Versailles, the Pantheon, the Museum of Orsay (Museed’Orsay) ,